Thai Style Beef Salad with Cashews
So tasty! A great and different way of using salad and spinach
1. Heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil with a large pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Add the cashew nuts. Toss well and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
3. Add the lime zest and mix well. Set aside.
4. Make the dressing: In a glass, whisk the lime juice with the garlic, ginger, tahini, chilli and tamari or soy sauce.
5. Put the salad, spinach and carrot in a bowl and add the dressing. Mix well.
6. Preheat a griddle pan for your steaks. Season them well. We used skirt, but you can use absolutely any steak you wish.
7. Cook the steaks for about 3 minutes each side - but this will depend on the thickness of your steak and how you would like it done.
8. Lay the beef out to rest, then slice it and layer it over the salad. Add the cashew nuts, basil and coriander.
Prep time: 15mins
Cooking time: 6mins
50g Cashew Nuts
1 lime - juice and zest.
1 clove garlic - crushed or finely chopped
Ginger - 1 tablespoon grated
Tahini - 2 tablespoons
1 red Chilli - chopped
Tamari or Soy Sauce - 2 teaspoon
1 red pepper - cut into strips
2 carrots - grated
Basil - small handful chopped
Coriander - small handful chopped
500-600g Beef Steak - cut of your choice
Used in this recipe:
Delivery is only £1
You don't have to be in