Kale and Brussel Sprout Salad
A delicious and nutritious way to eat kale and sprouts. Great as a side or satisfying enough for a main meal.
1. Slice the sprouts into fine ribbons.
2. Discard the stems of the kale and finely chop the leaves.
3. Add both to a large salad bowl.
4. Finely grate or mince the garlic.
5. Pour all the dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk well to combine.
6. Add the dressing to the green and massage well for a minute or so. This will help to make the kale less bitter and helps to fully combine the flavours.
7. Add in cranberries. Toss to combine.
8. Cover and pop in fridge for an hour.
9. Meanwhile, roughly chop your almonds and toast them in a dry frying pan until golden.
10. Once ready to serve, add the toasted almonds and shave over the cheese.
Prep time: 80mins
Cooking time: 0mins
8-10 Brussel sprouts
1/2 bunch of green kale
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup of whole almonds
1 tablespoon of rapeseed / extra virgin olive oil
1 clove of raw garlic
1 teaspoon of Berrio Mill Peppercorn
The zest and juice of 1 lemon
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
A strong davidstow / cheddar
Salt and Pepper to taste
Used in this recipe:
Delivery is only £1
You don't have to be in